View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 06:03 PM   #1

Thumbs down Help me please, I'm lost. No Spark

Alright guys, new member here. I've got a GY6 150cc Go Kart that I pulled the motor off of and rebuilt the top end about a month and a half ago. After putting it back in, it started right up and ran for about 15 seconds, then lost spark. And ever since then, I've had to luck getting it back.

I later found a small nut behind the flywheel that tore up one of the coils on the stator (oops ). Removed it and grabbed the multimeter and started testing and replacing parts.

I've tried multiple spark plugs. I've replaced the ignition coil, pickup coil, 6 pole stator, CDI, disconnected the kill switch (if the wiring diagram was right at least), and of course fully charged the battery and also checked while being jumped from my car. Nothing seems to work. Does ANYBODY have any ideas at what the problem could be? I would be EXTREMELY grateful to anybody that helps.

Edit: I have not replaced the fuse but the fuse looks good. Turning over well, has fuel, has compression. I removed pin number 5 from the CDI plug, which from what I understand would be the killswitch. It also has a new solenoid.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by DRyker; 07-15-2017 at 07:00 PM.