View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 12:29 PM   #7

Just my opinion, but if you have the time and resources to do it, do it. The northern tier of the US is excellent for a ride in July. Vast fields of sunflowers across North Dakota, the eastern plains of Montana, and the Rocky Mountains in the Pacific Northwest, not to mention the lakes and rivers should be experienced. Granted, I'm not much for the structured ride of an organized event, but there is some comfort in the support. There are hundred mile stretches between towns of any size, and even in the 21st century, if you crash out there, medical can be well over an hour away. Just plan well, and of course, remember.. You have to get back home, so if you enjoyed the first 3500 miles, you can turn it into a month long 7000 miles. It's doubtful that you will ever regret taking the ride, but most certain that you would regret NOT doing it if you have the opportunity.
As far as chinese scooters go.. I doubt that there would be a problem, as long as you ride it like a chinese scooter, or a Honda from 20 years ago. Standard stuff, keep the oil up, and the revs down.. Whatever you choose: HAPPY 2016..