View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 08:36 PM   #22

Parts came in and every thing is on. I replaced the 9g rollers with 12g rollers. The engine dropped down to 7,000-7,200 rpm range but only reached 58 mph GPS. I may put the 10g set in it (Took out the 9g set) and see how she runs from there. With the 12g set she felt like she was lugging along want to cut loose and breath. Belt made a world of a difference and was easier to get on. Clutch pulley had the belt more towards the outer edge like it should have been. Muffler sounds like a frippen glasspack lol. The old muffler showed traces of soot even thought it was light so she is not running lean. First back fire from the new muffler scared the mess out of me lol so the baffle may go in .. but I like the loudness. "Loud pipes saves lives!" I enjoy slowing down blipping the throttle to make it cackle and people turn to look like what is that.
I just wonder if she prefers the 8,000-8,500 rpm range. Every time I go heavier weights and taller gear she just lugs around. I want to think she is solid enough to ride those rpms seeing as I did see 10,000 rpm on her on one run with 6g rollers. I did not hold it there but hit it and she became buzzy. (Down a short hill with a head of steam and only hit 55 mph) In the last 2 videos she was holding 8,000-8,200 rpm range and was smooth as silk. I wonder if this engine prefers the higher rpm range like that. When I ran the 8g test she ran smooth and perfect at 8,700-9,000 rpm range and was not buzzy. I was just a little to loud exhaust wise for me. Over the winter I may get setup with the BBK from the jug up. I am trying not to go to far yet. I want to get the most out of the 150cc engine first.

Heedehcheenuh

Chuck D

Ride on.....