View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 09:25 AM   #12

Service manual, whats that? I HATE when someone wants me to help them work on a scooter they have owned for awhile and they dont have one! Simple service things I can deal with. The "We can look it up online." option sucks to. I guess Im old and actually prefer a factory PAPER service manual. I still have service manuals for scooters/motorcycles I no longer own. I usually include them with the vehicle when I sell it on but some are still around for whatever reason. He (Metro guy) is doing most of the repair work and if the gearbox oil service interval was listed he would have done that also. But when the rear of the Metro first got covered in oil that should have been a red flag! THAT was his fault for not looking into it! Funny part to story! He orders the part used from FleaBay. The seller then notifies him that he is on vacation and will mail the part out WHEN HE GETS BACK. The seller is on a cross country RV trip! Will be about 3 weeks. Metro guy is gonna wait it out just to save the money. Back to square 1 for transportation.