View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 11:27 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz1000st View Post
Some people view two wheeled transport as toys. Many view them as a vital transportation link. Here's my situation. All my two wheeled stuff gets 70 mpg or better. My minivan gets 18 to 23. I can either burn $8.00 on a round trip to work in the car or $2.00 on the bike. If I get to ride 60 or 70 times a season I'm saving a goodly amount of cash. I also have the opportunity to use them for grocery runs and errands. Take last year. I put 5,000 miles on the equipment. I would have burned $1025 worth of gas in the car. Instead I burned $278. That's not to mention the wear and tear on the car. Multiply that $748 over time. Oh, and cars don't generally make you smile either when you use them.

Winters here are too severe to ride everyday but I ride when I can. Or if I have to.
I had to take my gloves off to do this so that's why the camera is shaking. My car was in the shop.

15 degrees?!? 27 was my limit on riding because of the chance of black ice. But the roads look very dry in your vid, KZ. Ride on!
Gimpdog

PS-- has it started to warm up there, yet? LOL

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=66...tion=USA&add=1