View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 12:13 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz1000st View Post
Some people view two wheeled transport as toys. Many view them as a vital transportation link. Here's my situation. All my two wheeled stuff gets 70 mpg or better. My minivan gets 18 to 23. I can either burn $8.00 on a round trip to work in the car or $2.00 on the bike. If I get to ride 60 or 70 times a season I'm saving a goodly amount of cash. I also have the opportunity to use them for grocery runs and errands. Take last year. I put 5,000 miles on the equipment. I would have burned $1025 worth of gas in the car. Instead I burned $278. That's not to mention the wear and tear on the car. Multiply that $748 over time. Oh, and cars don't generally make you smile either when you use them.

Winters here are too severe to ride everyday but I ride when I can. Or if I have to.
I had to take my gloves off to do this so that's why the camera is shaking. My car was in the shop.

If you burn $8.00 round trip in your car , you should either get a job close to home or tune your engine! (I hope that you were exaggerating!) Irish