View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 01:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
What is your location? I would suggest a used Genuine Buddy 125. The best bang for your buck. They go for as cheap as $500 up to $1500 around here, so you pick one on price. A Honda Helix is another option, but they tend to still command top dollar if the seller knows what they have. I almost bought one for $1000 in VERY nice condition not long ago. I do agree with a new 125-150cc China scooter. The larger cc China motors are built better than the 50cc versions. No other options are popping in my head right now....
I live in Marion, Virginia.....a small town with no scooter stores anywhere nearby. There is a Kymco dealer nearby but I don't think they stock the scooters. I have decided on a 150cc because of living in a hilly area, and the fact I might want to occasionally take the backroads to other towns in my area. We did have one person get killed on a scooter taking the backroads(which is actually a state highway here), got hit by a truck head on, but I do wonder if that may not have been due to riding too small an engine.