View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #4

Its not quite as loud as just the pipe for sure... lol. It does have baffles in it, just not much of them. I guess once the air volume gets past a certain point it does become like a small strait pipe.
The only time it's super loud is going uphill... I can feather it enough on flats and taking off to keep it about the same as any after market muffler.

Prodigit - 'very affordable' to me is $100, and you see what that got me. I'm assuming you are referring to the $200 systems? That's not very affordable... If you could point me to the cheapest quality you know of, that would be great.

As far as sound laws... there are enough 50cc's running around here with strait pipes, gutted pipes, NO pipes, all running WOT constantly that me roaring up a hill I guess has gone under the radar. To compare, I'd say its about the same noise volume and harshness as a typical off-road dirt bike, and I hear a couple of those around every day.
I putt-putt around my neighbor hood nice and slow & quiet, but people living on main roads I'm sure have learned to deal with traffic noise.

Its definitely not a final solution, but the $99 POS was getting ready to literally fall off, as you can see.

'08 US Titan 1P57QMJ NCY CVT kit & Teflon intake - 9g sliders - Mikuni fuel pump - pod filter w/ tube - Frankenpipe - #114/#38 - blue CDI w/orange spark - bedazzled with LEDs
'08 139QMB - sold - being ridden long and hard, still truckin'!