View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 05:28 AM   #3

Hello DisillusionedPrepper thanks for your reply. I checked the voltage both plugged and unplugged and still nothing. I even did a continuity test to make sure there were no breaks in the wire. Oh and there is a green ground wire in the stator plug, my mistake. About the DC lighting, my brake light and blinkers run with the ignition on engine off, but the tail, dash, and headlights are ac since they don't work with the stator unplugged while the engine is running. I do have an update though. Oddly enough, I switched the yellow and white stator wires at the regulator, and as soon as I turned on the engine the lights were bright! I gave it some throttle and they got a bit brighter, but no blowouts. I checked voltage at the battery and confirmed it was charging. I still need to double check voltages throughout the scooter to make sure everything is working fine as it is, but I'm not sure if there will be long term effects if I keep the wiring like this. Oh another thing I may need to note. So my scooter has one big round headlight, and a much smaller light right below it(I've added a pic from the web). There's 4 wires in the plug, yellow and white (stator ac), blue (from high-low switch I believe), and a green ground which branches off to two wires. The white, blue, and green go to the main headlight, and the yellow (which actually changes to brown after the plug) with one of the greens go to the small bulb. I've always heard that the yellow stator wire powered the headlights on these scooters, but on mine the white powers the main light while the yellow powers the small light (i believe it's like w5w 5 watt bulb). Does this wiring configuration sound right or is there something wrong?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00s0s_iPDcPITepLR_600x450.jpg (11.3 KB, 2 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads