View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 11:42 PM   #1

My Scooter Project.... :D

So, I was brought this 2009 Kymco Sting 50 to be fixed. I work on scooters for side cash. I told the customer I really liked it and he asked what I'd give him for it. The scoot needed a lot of work, and it was going to be a lot for him to fix it. So I offered him 350 or 200 and my old 4 stroke Roketa Mc-02-50B. He took the 200 and the beat up 4 stroke. I figured I got out with a steal! After getting into the scoot, I realised I had just screwed my self to the floor. Lol. It had a burnt up clutch, Needed a new top end, Needed carb adjusting, Was missing a seat, and the High beam front panel, had turn signals missing and such. The scoot wouldn't hit over 30 down hill when I first started working on it. I have had the scooter for about a month now, and this is what I've done. Pics Below aswell.

EDIT: My new top speed is now 40-45 down hill, depends on what hill...
Top Speed on a flat road/slightly inclined = 35 MPH
Top Speeds up a hill constant 25 and climbing slowly maxes out at usually 30.

What I've Done:

-Tuned Carb, Air/Fuel Mixture, Restrictor, Needle Height, Float Height, Re-Jet to #95
-Replaced Top End with Stock OEM Head and Piston.
-Replaced the stock carb/intake spacer/gasket with a Honda aero 80 Spacer/Gasket for better flow. (Bigger than the carb outlet it's self. Instead of A tiny bit of air/fuel getting sucked into the motor, all of the fuel/air is getting sucked in.
-Replaced clutch with stock OEM replacement.
-Replaced rollers with 5g sliders
-Adjusted Throttle cable, (Slide wasn't opening all of the way)

What I plan on doing over the next 2-3 months:

-Airsal 70cc BBK
-Tecnigas RS II Chrome Exhaust
-Peformance Clutch/Variator (Haven't decided on which ones)
-Arreche 21mm Carb
-Carbon Reeds
-Arreche Racing air filter (Looks Sick!!!)
-12mm Jasil Crank
-Performance CDI
-Repaint the scoot, Red and Black, Spider Bite Theme... Going to do it myself, with a spray gun
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0356.jpg (97.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0357.jpg (97.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0358.jpg (97.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0359.jpg (97.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0360.jpg (99.1 KB, 9 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads