View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 11:59 PM   #1

NEW Scooter NOT running right.

Quick intro first - new to forum, quick intro, riding motorcycles for +30 years. New to scooters. Every time I visit Asia, I rented a scooter and love it. Bought a BMS Prestige 150cc scooter. It ran at first. Idle too low so I adjusted the idle stop only. Then it would not idle, would bog, not Rev on center stand and die. I know what I did would not affect that. Maybe taking the seat off and putting it back on did something?

I fiddled with it (doing nothing but just some checking) and got it running (I thought).

* Pulled plug lean and gap good (NGK) and getting spark.
* Drained fuel to see if junk was in it. Good, clean, but did not change filter.
* Checked vacuum lines. The air-box duct to carb was loose but not bad.

It ran without stopping on one long 20 mile ride I (bravely) took. I say brave because it had died before and since that ride.

When I did go on the one long ride, it was OK but down on power, got to 50 mph briefly, 40 mph no problem. I had a few other successful short local rides in the neighborhood of a few miles.

However now I go a block and it dies, will not restart. Right now it will not even start after letting it sit. Guess fuel starvation for many reasons. Bike has about 28 miles on it now.

Login or Register to Remove Ads