View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 11:22 PM   #11

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by carasdad View Post
Hank..you are very welcome my fellow retired military CPO. Let us not forget our CPO creed..just as I shall never forget the Hippocratic Oath I swore to as a Combat Medic(Corpsman as you know..most do not know what that is..so when I say Medic..they say..ah ok). We treated our fallen enemies with the very same medical care as we did our own troops. As I see it..enemy or not..were are all humans..and war with them was not over hatred of those in front of us...it was over love for those behind us. I too have a dark and light side. On here I tend to be a bit cocky...righteous and probably even borderline humorous. But when the proverbial 'Shit hits the fan' I fall into a serious...fair..non judging and strictly business mode. Odd that you mentioned 'career military' as today my gf took down my retirement shadow box to clean and dust. She pointed out each ribbon and asked what the stars on them meant. So I explained each ribbon and the gold and silver stars..since it was the first time she ever asked about them. Just as yours..each ribbon has a story and while many bring a smile...just as many bring a tear. When I explained the 5 Navy Achievement and 4 Navy Commendation ones she exclaimed "Oh my gawd are you nuts..you could have been killed" To which I replied.."Yes I could have..but dedication to duty and a sworn oath..comes before fear..for you only allow yourself the fear...after your mission is accomplished"
Thank you as well for your service...
Hi Glenn
Your most welcome and it was my honor and a distinct pleasure, i feel quite privileged to have been allowed to serve
I salute you as well for your service
I was raised to believe in honor, duty and self sacrifice above all else
Its who i am and i could never change
Take care and ride safely dear friend and comrade
Yours Hank