Thread: Oil?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 02:28 PM   #47

Question

I'm about to change the oil & filter in my ride. I have recently read up on Amsoil. It sounds fairly good. I have a 2006 Sportster 1200 with a trike kit (game leg ) They make an oil change kit for mine. It consists of the required amount of 20/50 synthetic & a chrome oil filter. I just wanted to know if anyone has had any trouble with Amsoil! Being from NE , I had never heard of it. It seems very popular (especially with the racers) here in Florida! I bought the bike used at a Harley Dealership , so I don't know what was used in it before. Any negative results would be appreciated. Thanks! Irish
P.S. The HD Dealership took it as a trade in on a NEW bike. Naturally they won't give you any information on what was done to the bike! Whoever put the trike kit on did a good job! To the point of overkill! Having owned two Motorcycle Repair shops in NH , that's one of the 1st things that I inspected. You would not believe some of the trikes that I worked on. I didn't really want to Test Ride them.