View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 03:36 PM   #1

Easy Oil blow by fix...

Easy Oil blow by fix... Cheapest fix..AND works the best.. Cost is 2 bux! This what I did until I fixed the blow by issue. Take a $2.00 8 oz.Hamster water bottle from wal mart..bore a hole in the bottle bottom to allow gases to vent.. Fill bottle with steel wool..but DO NOT pack it in tight or the air will not flow. Pop out the check ball in the tube at the bottom or saw the tip off to remove it. Use NO CHECK VALVE or it will prevent oil back flow into engine. The steel wool acts to catch the oil..cool it and hold it in the bottle..so at idle..low speeds or when shut off..the pressure being lower..the oil will drain back into engine. The vent hole on the bottles bottom allows built up gases to pass through. Run just a hose from the valve cover vent to the nipple on the bottle and attach it up on the frame above engine level..about seat height.with Zip Ties. Now your blow gas escapes the hole in the bottle and the oil is trapped in the bottle then recycled.. Looks too easy huh? Well on the old scootdawg site I posted this...many many tried it..it worked and they ridded themselves of the problem without some expensive oil catch can and check valve.. Here is a pic below. Glenn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clear-hamster-water-bottle-8oz.jpg (24.3 KB, 9 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads