View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito2 View Post
If that is true about Big Guy, then I would think he can speak for himself without your ..... Um.. help.

It would be best if everyone tries to keep this in mind for ALL responses to posts that they may take issue with:

It is OK to attack the IDEA presented in the message, but NOT the poster.

If you are not absolutely positive about something and don't know it as absolute fact, then say "I think that..." or
"maybe" or a similar thing or end each point in the response with "IMO" That way if you are wrong, then it was, after
all just a guess or an opinion.

If you would, please re-read the responder's message. You will see he was in fact merely opining.

And opinions are fine as long as they are not intentionally offensive or provocative in an inflammatory way.

just my 2 good sense
If that is true about Big Guy, then I would think he can speak for himself without your ..... Um.. help.

You don't read well, I said I visited with him last night. I can assure you that what I said was/is true, I know why he's been absent for so long and yes he can clarify it.

bAnd opinions are fine as long as they are not intentionally offensive or provocative in an inflammatory way.

Since I know why I found the opinion offensive provocative and inflammatory, that's why I voiced my opinion as to the contrary and asked the poster why he may such comments without knowing why and had to associate his being gone with some being rude.

He was basing his opinion on his own feelings about others being rude "IMO" so I asked him why and then we come up with the "oh I meant no harm and was just guessing?"

If you would, please re-read the responder's message. You will see he was in fact merely opining.

His opinion has no basis and is not true and that's not an opinion it's a fact. The man has been absent because of other issues and he'll tell you that's the case.

Login or Register to Remove Ads