View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 07:52 AM   #8

Hey ellis4pa,
I ride a Honda 2006 Big Ruckus, PS250 all the mods I did I found at totalruckus/BigRuckus section, under preformance upgrades.
I simply did what others before me had done to theirs, as it was a lead sled before the mods.
The few mods I read about alternating the air box did not seem it would give me anything but headaches.
Their is a delicate balance between the Keihin carb, and the airbox, and myself I dont know enough about either to remove the box myself.
BRed over there, posted up a beautiful diagram of how a Keihin carb works, so I decided not to attack the airbox in anyway.
My understanding to drilling out the port is to simply allow amore air into the carb itself, it was not much, I think it was 3/32's and I went to 1/8th hole size.
The muffler mod came about as someone donated their muffler to a great rider mechanic, jimT,who carefully completely disassembled it cutting off the welds and what not, so we could see in there.
About 17 inches down in ours, you can poke a hole, up to 3/4", most use 5/8's BUT only go through once as if you go past the third baffle in there, you drilled a bigass hole in the outside of your muffler.
The tone went up, but it's not loud, nor do I buy in to the loud pipes save lives bit either. I love my quiet machine.
He then documented everything and posted exactly where you drill and how big of a hole.
But that was for our scoots, and I dont know if they would work on all mufflers.
Once upon a time, this site had MILES of technical information, but it seems much was lost in the changing of the guards so to speak.
The K&N site may have a search tool to see if they got a filter for your machine, I'd bet they do.
There are also miles of charts BRed did with his running different roller weights and and mods, it's a damn treasure trove of great information. I used his charts to figure out my roller configuration.
Have a blast with your wheels man!!