View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #10

Dan, I just read your Oct 4 post so I don't know what you did before. But when I bought my Linhai Mainstreet 300, the guys in the know said to get rid of all the original fluids including the brake fluid. After I rode my new bike long enough to heat up the engine I removed the old antifreeze. I used my shop vac to suck out every drop by placing vac at the drain plug and having radiator cap off. After putting new long life Prestone, I used pump up garden sprayer to force antifreeze backwards up through the drain plug. I didn't even have to burp it but I did rev the engine are few times on the center stand after I got it full as I could. The old antifreeze looked crummy but it's been perfect ever since. I wonder if you have a bad thermostat, or as someone said, some kind of blockage. Since part of the system is rubber hose and part copper pipe (if I remember correctly), do you have a kink or crushed pipe. I don't know what you have done, but I would try to look at all the piping and radiator, for blockage, and probably then remove the thermostat and run it without one to see if it still gets hot. None of this I say explains air in the system, only causes for overheating.
Good luck