Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM   #16

Are you sure you have the throttle cable ran correctly, and the slide is opening fully when you twist the throttle wide open? I've seen throttle cables ran wrong before, usually not seated correctly. There is also a barrel adjuster to take out the slack under the throttle. The throttle should only have a tiny bit of slack at idle.

So make sure the slide is completely opening and there is no excess slack in the throttle. I'll keep thinking......

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old Yesterday, 10:12 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
Are you sure you have the throttle cable ran correctly, and the slide is opening fully when you twist the throttle wide open? I've seen throttle cables ran wrong before, usually not seated correctly. There is also a barrel adjuster to take out the slack under the throttle. The throttle should only have a tiny bit of slack at idle.

So make sure the slide is completely opening and there is no excess slack in the throttle. I'll keep thinking......
Yep, it's opening all the way to the top stop, and it closes all the way to the idle stop screw. The stator idea is plausible. I've read about them a bit today, and although I'm not having any of the other symptoms of a stator going bad, it's still possible because the windings are independent.

As I approach 46, it just starts to feel like I'm starving for something. It feels like I'm hitting gentle waves on a lake in a boat. Up to that point, though, everything is smooth and runs like it should, as far as I can tell. But there's some constriction in something that won't let it go any faster.