Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
2 more things popped in my head last night:

Did you top off the fuel when filling it? Overfilling will flood the emissions system. I've done this twice on my scooter. Annoying but it will clear up after a few miles.

Plug gap set correctly? Usually the plug will be pre-set out of the box.

okay, 3 things. How many miles and has the valves been checked/set if needed to spec? That is the killer for most scooters, people not doing the valve checks. My exhaust valve will get a tad tight between check intervals
How often do you do a valve check? I ask because this is more or less my first scooter and it only has 1500 miles on it. Plug is gapped to factory spec from the factory (not changed). I have not overfilled recently, but may have done so at some point in the past. I do know this specific issue began after I had been gone for 3 weeks and there had been a hurricane here during that time.

One question as I'm looking at carburetor diagrams. I see a drain bowl set screw. I know on my drain hose there is a screw that allows you to drain fuel from this drain bowl, and when I've drained it there it will start and run again for a bit. What is the screw for? Could the adjustment of the drain bowl screw also be causing this issue?

Login or Register to Remove Ads