Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2014, 08:24 PM   #1

new, first question....

I just purchased a 2013 Pioneer 150T (origination doc says Jonway QT-150). It has 300 miles, has not been ridden in 6 months. I'm gonna treat it like I unpacked it from a crate yesterday and do all of the things suggested to make a scooter run, as well as the things that I know are wrong with it.

The good news: it cranks! I know that the battery and/or electric starter are in need of repair because it will only kick over. Nonetheless, it starts/idles.

Here is a problem that the owner showed me that I would like advice on:

When he puts the bike up on the kickstand, the front wheel will flop to the right rather than stay in the middle. He said that the bike will have a tendancy to pull to the right. The original owner said that the shop quoted him a $100 fix. So... what could be the problem? BTW, I am VERY mechanically inclined and have sufficient tooling to perform most any repair. I am just totally a newbie for scooters... my winter project is to make this thing run as reliably as a Chinese scooter will run.

Login or Register to Remove Ads