Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2015, 08:25 PM   #1

Razz Newly Recovered Stolen Benelli Andretti, Need A Little Help Please?

Hey guys so long story short, my Andretti benelli 150xt was stolen THREE years ago, and I just got it recovered. (thread about it in introductions forum)

I bought it for $700 at 2,500 miles, didn't run. Bought new cvt belt, changed oil, and tuned the idle screw and she turned over nicely, got the idle settled where it should be as close as I could by ear and she ran fine, never stalled, always started easily. She had bald tires after I put another 2,500 miles on it, so I had to let her sit until I had money for them.

When it was stolen it had 5,000 miles.

I took very good care of my bike, changed oil every 500-600 miles, barely rode it fully open for extended periods of time, and always used 93 gas.

I just got her back last week, I need to put some work into this thing to extend the longevity of its life span as I was riding a bike everywhere since its been stolen, and id like to keep it as long as possible. It did have new tires on it when I got it back though

So far i have done the following

Wired a new ignition, its a little rough but it works.

Changed oil (oil that drained was TERRIBLE, LIKE BROWN BABY POO COLOR :'C ) cleaned air filters and box, replaced all turn signal bulbs (3 I'm missing a front turn signal).

Drained old gas, fixed a small leak in the line by removing the 1/2 inch corroded end and reattaching to gas tank outlet.

Put new gas in, inflated tires to recommended 33psi, took her for a good ride on the high way with moped tag to break her in, as far as I can tell she's running just as good as when she was stolen so far!

Things I've noticed that need fixing asap

Front head lamps are VERY dull, and one of my high beam bulbs is out completely.
I have no idea on how to tell which bulbs I need but I wanna replace all 4 (2 reg bulbs and the 2 high beams), can anyone tell me if they're all like universal for 150cc gy6 scooters? I've done a little research but I am not sure about the electrical part too much.

If not ill have to try to get to them and I guess pull them out and see the sizes or whatever differentiates them for one another.

Also I need turn signals, there's some turn signals on a site idk if I can mention it if they're not a sponsor here but they have these LED turn signals for like $16, but in the description it says they replace rear turn signals, can I still mount them in the front?

That's enough for now I guess. I'll update pictures tomorrow so you guys can see her and the condition and PLEASE RECOMMEND ANYTHING ELSE YOU THINK I SHOULD DO MAINTENANCE WISE

Thanks in advance guys!

Login or Register to Remove Ads