Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2024, 04:10 PM   #1

New Member Wolf Rugby II

Hey, cool forum! I've seen a lot of good info on here but I know everyone has their own individual experience to share and build from.

I am new to motorbikes, been big into cycling and two wheels since forever, done cross country trips, bike packing, city track cog jamming and even some mild bmx/fixie stunts. Getting older and slower, and safer in some regards xD

Bought my first motorized two wheeler last year at age 35, having never ridden one before, no moped or dirt bike or anything. I stay under a rock, just different priorities I guess (-';

Needless to say, it's been a blast and I keep wanting more! The bike I got is a 2023 Wolf Rugby II - 150cc, GY6, ZNEN, 157 QMJ Zuma clone blah blah blah however you need to identify and relate.

Apparently, and I've never looked at it to be sure, but the dealer says it came with a performance 28mm carb as stock? Didn't start learning mechanical stuff on it this recently. I'm at about 7500 miles, I do my regular oil changes, the belt has virtually no signs of wear, the oil never leaks, I ride in a hilly city for work commute, errands, and fun, year round 110 F summers or -40 wind-chill winters, it's all good. Just would rather cycle if it's a monsoon or the snow is over an inch or frozen to the roads. I don't mind a little challenge but I won't overdo it. Never laid the bike down, and having fun with it as always. After the first 10 months I noticed it went from 50/55mph on flats and 40 uphills down to about 45/50 on flats and struggling to go 35 uphills. I cleaned the air filter and it improved a bit. I think the fastest speed I got was about 61 downhill when I first bought it.

In the last two months, I've upgraded to a Pitmoto high flow exhaust (had to have a shop bend the pipe a little), and put in a Ban Jing CVT kit. 1500 springs, and 12g roller weights.

Now I dont know what the stock spring was but it was black. The stock weights were 17g. I also put in an 842mm belt versus the stock 835.

I gain quite a bit of boost uphill now, but I am looking for 50 mph cruising uphill speeds.

Maybe I need to adjust the weights again? I've got a Primo kit of 7g-18g rollers to play with.

My top end speed hasn't changed really. Just the acceleration and shifting ability.

Everything else is pretty sound on, I was told by my dealer it would last a long time if I treatvit good, and it has indeed.

So what can I do to up the top end? Do CDI rev limit removers actually do anything? Would adding a high flow air filter and retuning the carb help? A better spark plug like iridium/pregapped? Should I even go so far as to port the head? I don't want to put on a big bore kit or mess up the engine too much since most of the stock stuff is wonderful as is for our city and the outer limits. If I was highway speeds, I will use a car or truck. 50 uphill without redlining and 60 cruising on flats would be nice. I know it's possible, but I've seen a lot of faulty suggestions besides the good ones.

I think I can even fit 140/80/12 tires on it as opposed to the 120/70/12s.

It's an awesome adventure machine well worth the month, id just like some help on sprucing it up a bit.

Thanks folks

Login or Register to Remove Ads