Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 11-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #1

It sounds good, as for the valves sure you can try .002 on the Intake and .005 on the exhaust. Some folks set the exhaust to .005 so that it lasts a little longer before the next valve adjustment is needed. But IF it CLATTERS then bring it down you do not want the rockers slapping coming off the lobe of the cam. Ticking valves are fine that tells you they are not tight and not to loose.

I saw that the belt climbed near the edge of the Variator so that seems fine. Did you say it has a #88 MAIN JET in there? That is to big of a main jet for just a uni on it. Usually an #88 is needed when you put in like a 72cc BIG BORE KIT.

Try this ride it and when you get to where it doesn't want to go anymore BACK OFF the throttle about 1/4 of an INCH and hold it there.
Now pay attention to what the scooter does.
A. Does it pick up a little speed
B. Does it just settle down
Lefty

Three Wheels keep me up
You’ll never be old and wise if you weren’t young and crazy

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #2

i believe its your carb swap the carbs back also what size jets on the new carb did you clean and check the inside out before installing it

2010 Cpi Oliver 70cc, naruku trans kit, downhill handle bars, tecnigas rsll pipe, s6 4g rollers, Vento R4 with 90cc 1e52qmf technigas next r 100cc pipe Naruku, 21mm race carb, s6 4.5 g rollers
Old 11-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
It sounds good, as for the valves sure you can try .002 on the Intake and .005 on the exhaust. Some folks set the exhaust to .005 so that it lasts a little longer before the next valve adjustment is needed. But IF it CLATTERS then bring it down you do not want the rockers slapping coming off the lobe of the cam. Ticking valves are fine that tells you they are not tight and not to loose.

I saw that the belt climbed near the edge of the Variator so that seems fine. Did you say it has a #88 MAIN JET in there? That is to big of a main jet for just a uni on it. Usually an #88 is needed when you put in like a 72cc BIG BORE KIT.

Try this ride it and when you get to where it doesn't want to go anymore BACK OFF the throttle about 1/4 of an INCH and hold it there.
Now pay attention to what the scooter does.
A. Does it pick up a little speed
B. Does it just settle down
Lefty
it ldoesnt pick up speed it settles down mostly, im going to order some smaller gets im thinking and 80 and a 85 as i will prolly be placing my muffler on today as my stock one might have a restriction

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Tags
139gmb, jinlun, kingring, rpm