Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 06-13-2017, 10:16 AM   #1

ok, i'll put the old jet back on and the old plug, and try it again.

I did some more reading and thinking i might have to adjust the needle.
From my understanding the needle control 1/4-3/4 throttle, and main jet the upper portion, pilot the lower.

I did spray some down kleen-flo starter around the intake and did not get any engine racing. So i'd assume there are no vacuum leaks etc.
The kits cylinder head removes the EGR system, however if i block the port on the intake it doesn't run/start well, so i left it all hooked up.

Not sure what you mean by tuning the tranny - but the kit did come with 8g weights...

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-13-2017, 11:24 AM   #2

No, use the jet that came with the kit. A 90 Main sounds about right. Your leak check solution is a good alternative, so if no weird rpm changes means all should be good. Now tuning the tranny sounds naughty, but its not. The 8 gram rollers also sounds about right. Seems the bbkit supplier provided the correct ball park items to help tune it in. Cant do the motor without doing the transmission. Rollers alone may do the trick. Now getting into clutch springs and a torque spring is a whole different tuning experience. I forgot who had a great how-to on transmission tuning. Provo scooter? Scoot Tuning? Will try to remember and post it.