Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 07-10-2014, 02:26 AM   #1

problem with idle running yamaha scooter

Hello.

I am having some trouble getting my scooter to run idle. i can get it to run but not idle.

I have done everything i can think of.

Here is an image of my carburetor and i was wondering if someone could tell me what number is what. i think i know what is what but i need to make sure.

Also the golden connector labeled number 6 is clogged, and i can not blow air threw it no matter what i do. this is connected to a line that seems to go down and inside the engine.

i need to know what is what of those numbers so i am sure that i am connecting it the correct way.

any help would be greatly appreciated

i am new to the forums

my ideas are:
1: manual choke
2: vacuum line
3: gasoline intake
4: gas throttle
5: no idea
6: no idea

and like i said, i can get it running as long as i keep turn the gas up.. but it wont idle.

regards, hedinn.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carb_1.jpg (84.8 KB, 9 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-16-2014, 02:16 AM   #2

My Zuma carb is different than that one, but I can help you in the right direction. If 2 is a vacuum line, then 6 is your oil feed line from the oil pump. (The hose that goes "down into the engine.")

Your other guesses are correct, and 5 is not used I believe.

Do not run the engine if the oil feed is blocked or disconnected, you will seize the engine and then have to buy a new cylinder kit.

2005 Yamaha BWS (Zuma) "Garfield"
TP Black Trophy 70cc, Giannelli Reverse Pipe, 5g Dr. Pulley Sliders, Delta Clutch with Yellow Springs and Yellow Contra, Malossi Torque Controller, Naraku R-Vent Bell, NCY Adjustable Secondary Sliding Sheave, CF Reeds, Kege Analog Tach, Dual Headlight Mod, N.A. Rear Fender Delete, OEM Short Windshield.