Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > Forum News, Support & Feedback

Old 01-23-2014, 08:40 PM   #1

I suggest more photo subforums

I enjoy this forum, but I have been trying to think of ways to increase the number of threads and posts. I think the forum would benefit from a dedicated photo subforum or seven.
This site has a media subforum but members don't post many pics there.
-I think of ADVrider.com as an example. In my opinion, Scootdawg provides more practical info than ADVrider. ADVrider gets hundreds of posts per day, and I think the opportunities to post photos make a big difference. ADVrider has several different subforums for posting pictures. Day trips, epic trips, etc.
-ADVrider casts a larger net. ADVrider is about big motorcycles that are 70% street and 30% dirt capable, which is an expensive niche market (Triumph Tiger XC, BMW 800F, Yamaha Super Tenere, etc). However, ADVrider has subforums for street only bikes, true dual purpose bikes, off road racing bikes, vintage bikes and even SCOOTERS. I posted a thread, “Pics of your scooter at work” in their scooter subforum (actually “Battle Scooters” subforum). I got 20 replies to that thread in 24 hours, most of which contained photos.
-I don't expect Scootdawg to mimic ADVrider, but we can learn from them.
-People love to post pictures of their scoots. More photo subforums may entice them to do so more often.
-Members also enjoy discussing and posting their other motorsports machines like their motorcycles, cars, etc. More subforums dedicated to those machines may also increase the number of threads and posts.
Again, I enjoy this forum. I just think we have some opportunities to bump up the traffic on Scootdawg that we should be trying. Thanks.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-25-2014, 04:00 PM   #2

Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated! I love hearing ideas from our members.

However, I'm not so sure that would make a difference here. We have a picture forum, and it's not used very much, so I don't personally see how adding more of them would make any difference.

I could however make it it's own forum, instead of a subforum. Don't really know if that would help at all, but maybe it would make it more visible.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:02 PM   #3

Cool. This forum offers a lot of great technical assistance. Its so easy to snap a pic with your phone that hopefully a dedicated pic subforum will increase traffic.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:07 AM   #4
Banned

how old is this forum?
Old 02-07-2014, 12:49 AM   #5

The new vBulletin forum that we're on now is just about a year old.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:17 PM   #6

What is the easiest way to post pics on here?
Old 03-25-2014, 12:52 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rxguy667 View Post
What is the easiest way to post pics on here?
you can attach a pic with the forum (which comes out small for some reason) or you can use sites like photobucket and gives you a code so that you can copy and paste the code in your photo post, the difference is the size of the pic
Old 03-25-2014, 12:58 AM   #8

The image comes out small because it's a thumbnail (you have to click it to make it larger).
Old 03-25-2014, 08:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castle View Post
you can attach a pic with the forum (which comes out small for some reason) or you can use sites like photobucket and gives you a code so that you can copy and paste the code in your photo post, the difference is the size of the pic
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Daniel