Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > Member Reviews & Reports > Parts & Accessories

Old 01-25-2014, 01:49 AM   #1
Viking Tank Bag
by Houndguy Houndguy is offline 01-25-2014, 01:49 AM

Viking bags asked me to review one of their products. I was sort of surprised by that and even more surprised by the outcome.

http://2smallerwheels.blogspot.com/2...-tank-bag.html

In a nutshell, for $20 US your going to get a well put together tank bag. The only issue I had is try as I might I could not find a way to make it work successfully on the scooter.

Views: 14485
Old 01-26-2014, 11:51 AM   #2

It's called a TANK bag for a reason.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:04 PM   #3

LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
It's called a TANK bag for a reason.
I suppose it is. Nice of the company to send it to me for a review. Yes, I told them I rode a scooter. Yes, they sent it to me anyway.

As any scooterist knows, you have to adapt a lot of things to your scooter that may not have been originally designed for it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-26-2014, 06:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndguy View Post
I suppose it is. Nice of the company to send it to me for a review. Yes, I told them I rode a scooter. Yes, they sent it to me anyway.

As any scooterist knows, you have to adapt a lot of things to your scooter that may not have been originally designed for it.
I agree, was just messin wit ya
But, it could be a nice accessory.
But, scoots done got more storage space than bikes.
I had a really nice tank bag that held all my essentials while on road trips when i rode my Shadow Sabre, and even on the Wing.

It's nice they send u stuff to review

Keep it up
Old 01-27-2014, 07:30 AM   #5

Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
I agree, was just messin wit ya
But, it could be a nice accessory.
But, scoots done got more storage space than bikes.
I had a really nice tank bag that held all my essentials while on road trips when i rode my Shadow Sabre, and even on the Wing.

It's nice they send u stuff to review

Keep it up

I ride a Kymco Xciting 500. It's a very good bike and I'm very happy with her...BUT, imho, Kymco missed the boat on storage. Under the seat I can store my full face helmet and...that's it. Sure they got a spot for change and paperwork, but not much else.

I used my previous bike, a Burgman 400, to make deliveries with. You can't really do that with the Kymco. I was also able to fold my motorcycle jacket and place it next to my full face helmet under the seat. I get that 100 more cc will require a slightly bigger engine which will cut into the storage. But the whole design of the Kymco 500 I think could have been just a tad better.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-08-2015, 07:55 PM   #6

I have a 2006 Sportster w/ a Trike kit. I am very impartial to the looks of regular saddlebags but this sounds like just the thing to make my wife happy! Irish
Old 06-07-2015, 11:33 AM   #7

Tank Bag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
I have a 2006 Sportster w/ a Trike kit. I am very impartial to the looks of regular saddlebags but this sounds like just the thing to make my wife happy! Irish
I went to Bike Strippers & got a sissy bar & pad so now I don't need a tank bag! I bought an item that has a tool bag & two bags that I can mount onto the sissy bar! I mounted the tool bag on the forks! Irish