Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 02-08-2017, 11:06 PM   #1

running problem with 150cc ssr rowdy

ok scooter starts fine runs fine but if i dirve it about 3/4 of mile it shuts off i go back way to store so when i get back almost home on the street i live on it dies right in about smae place every time .cleanded jets put in some chemtool had carb adjusted by a professional actually he put quite a few hours in it but its still does same thing . how would i find out what stator to order its a zn150t-24 i noticed there are all sorts of numbers for each scooter . i think i found right one but dont want to gamble also going to replace cdi and petcock voltage regulaor i need this is my only form of transportation the clown who owned it before me was a real hack . alos i noticed after changing oil it was black in less than a week going to change it again tomorrow anyone heard of any stories like this and what it took to fix it what would break down after 3/4 of a mile and when it stop if i dont touch accelerator it starts up and idles just fine shuts off when i try to take off i do this several tiem barely touching gas and i can get it runninning enough to ge me that lasy 100 yeards if i keep it under 15 miles and hour if i change to manual petcock where is a good place to put it so i can turn it on and off easty please help . what are tags it says i can add five tags to this separated by commas

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-09-2017, 04:22 PM   #2

That shutting off at, or near the same place each time, sounds like fuel starvation. Could be any number of things....such as: the petcock, a kinked or pinched fuel line, a fuel tank that is not vented, or a dirty fuel filter.

When you restart after it has quit, you say you can drive it very slowly, but if you try opening up the throttle it will quit again. When you do this, if it pops, and farts, then quits...it is to lean (not getting enough gas). If it just bogs and quits, it is to rich (getting to much gas). I'd guess a restriction somewhere.....some gas is getting through, but not enough.

Since this is a 'new to you scoot'....I would suggest that you check the valve lash also. Set at .003" intake / .005" exhaust. I've said enough for now.

Old 06-16-2017, 10:11 AM   #3

rowdy

thanks much fr the answer tried various things found three wires either not connected or almost not connected this acctually made it run smoother but no fix . one professional checked a lot of things and he said when it gets hot spark weakens and to changestator . i see the sell just the pickup for that or should i go all the way and channge stator. also the idiot if i musst call him that cut ole hin tak trying to make gas guage work where or how would i vent the gas tank since this has been fooled with a lot

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Tags
150cc, 2011year, rowdy