Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 11-26-2019, 06:49 AM   #1

My First 1000 Miles

Hello Everyone,
I am pleased to report that my JiaJue Gator 50 49 cc scooter has been almost trouble free and is approaching 1000 miles. The only issue I had was a worn spark plug at about 800 miles. I am a bit surprised that I have had no issues. I am curious what you might recommend I do and at what mileage so I can keep my scooter running well.

When the spark plug was replaced we also were told that the brake pads in the front were about 60% gone and I may want to get the brakes done or at least rechecked at about 1300 miles. I am thinking at about that mileage I will have the brakes done, new drive belt as well as a carburetor clean and adjustment & replace the brake fluid with new & have the valves adjusted.

We are retired and like to use it for pleasure riding and do not want to get stuck somewhere. I honestly did not think this scooter would have been this trouble free ( aside from the hard start issue from a bad spark plug) the story with that was I tried to replace it myself and when putting the new plug in, and it fell in the housing and I couldn't get it out so the scooter shop tech came over and got it and when he did, thats when he looked over the scooter and gave his recommendation for the next service.

Even now it starts right up, and runs well We get the scooter up to 40 mph and it easily handles going that speed for some time. I though dont keep it going full throttle for long we run it easy usually 30 mph and enjoy riding along the neighborhood and the 10 mile ride around our lake that is in town.

I am deciding perhaps in the spring to get a new one and not do the maintenance and sell this one for a few hundred bucks? I am not sure at what age or mileage that these things start failing, but so far over the past 18 months, this has been a good scooter.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-29-2019, 10:55 AM   #2

The kind of riding you are doing it should last 5K miles easily and probably a lot more. What I do, I keep a spare belt around, an ignition coil and CD and of course spark plugs. Use 100 % gasoline. A trickle charger (maintainer) for the battery. The tires with proper air pressure. The scooters can be very dependable if you treat them right.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:04 PM   #3

Look. I just sold off a 2008 Bashan last summer with 10,000 miles running fine. It sounds to me like you're riding the Jiajue sensibly and taking care of it. Many 50cc scooters like yours are still running like new at 20,000 miles. Unless it's left you stranded or making knocking noises you still have many years left. It's your money but it seems a little wasteful to me to ditch a perfectly good running machine just because it's topped 1,000 miles.
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.

Login or Register to Remove Ads