Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 04-11-2017, 05:30 PM   #1

fuel setting?

Had another issue with my Chinese Scooter. Ran great for 30 miles. Came home and shut off. Tried 15 minutes later and it would not start. I said screw it for a day.

Today I checked my valves and made sure both were set at .004 inch. My spark plug is set at .025. I had some trouble and did get it going today. My question now is when I go to start I have to give just a tad of fuel then let go turn the key and bingo runs. I have my idle set to on stand the back wheel is just wanting to turn but on one of Allys post he said just enough to get the rear wheel slightly moving. I have my air mixture set at about 1 1/2 turns. Why do i have to give it that tad of fuel when starting?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-12-2017, 09:38 PM   #2

If the air mixture screw isn't helping its either the pilot/slow jet or something else. But you said you have to just give a tad bit of throttle to get it going how is it on idle after it starts and warms up what's the rpms like while the enricher is engaged and after it closes Is the idle sluggish after it disengages?
Old 04-17-2017, 10:53 PM   #3

It's fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddarlington36 View Post
If the air mixture screw isn't helping its either the pilot/slow jet or something else. But you said you have to just give a tad bit of throttle to get it going how is it on idle after it starts and warms up what's the rpms like while the enricher is engaged and after it closes Is the idle sluggish after it disengages?
I thank you for your suggestions. What was wrong was a vaccume line that was bad. One of the Cheap Az lines they send installed from China. All are change now and all is well.

Tks
Bonehead

Login or Register to Remove Ads