Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 04-10-2017, 02:41 PM   #1

A couple of new to me old scooters

Yes, I got the two old scooters nobody wanted or cared about. I'm messing with the 50cc one now. No key .... but the scooter looks to be in decent shape, I hooked a battery to it and jumped the terminals and it cranked OK. Odometer shows less than 500 miles. I think maybe it just quit someone attempted to work on it but didn't get very far and it got parked. I'll probably hot wire it and see if I can get the engine running and go from there to see if it's worth saving or becomes a go kart donor. Tax time, I made myself finish up on the fed taxes before playing with the scooters.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-14-2017, 10:34 AM   #2

A little carb spray and yes the engine will run and the little bit it ran it sounded OK. I got the locking gas cap off yesterday and I'll start on the fuel system. I drilled the wafers out of the locking gas cap to get it to turn and come off. The plan now is to get the tank to run clear gas, new fuel lines, gas filter and check the petcock out, next clean the carburetor New battery terminals and that should get it running enough to see if it's worth saving.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:07 AM   #3

I got the 50cc running yesterday, enough for a test ride. Around and around the back yard a few times then up and down the block. We are getting a soaking rain today and I think tomorrow so it will sit in the garage till the weather clears up.

Login or Register to Remove Ads