Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 06-08-2017, 12:16 AM   #1

Suspension on new BMS Premier 150

STILL LOOKING FOR SOME SOFTER 12.75 inch (bolt to bolt, lwr clevis) SHOCK.

Correction it is a BMS Prestige 150, which has different suspension. The Premier has the lever link type (which I think might be better). Mine are typical motorcycle style struts.

Got a new BMS Premier 150 scooter. Overall the ride and handling is OK. However the front forks are way too soft and seem to bottom easy.

The back two shocks (yes it has two) are way too stiff. I would like to make the back socks slight softer and make the front forks stiffer...

* Rear shocks are ~12.5"-13" long bolt to bolt hole, with a clevis on bottom. I see fancy eBay shocks, $55-$75. They may be softer or as stiff as stock shocks, even in lowest position. I'd like to just buy springs, slightly softer (or more progressive) springs. Should I buy some new shocks?

* For the front forks, can I buy stiffer springs and/or use higher viscosity oil? Is this a big ordeal. I don't see how to service the oil yet, since they are buried under lots of plastic. Are springs removable? What weight of oil and how much?

I did discover BMS has a full web page and USA service numbers and contact pages. So I will try them tomorrow. Not sure how customer support will be...

Bottom line, ride is unbalanced with soft in front, hard in back. I did not expect it to ride like my full sized motorcycle, but riding many rented scooters over the years, I know that the font should not hit bottom so easy and the back be so stiff.

Newbie George says thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by gmcjetpilot; 06-14-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:58 PM   #2

BUMP
STILL LOOKING FOR SOME SOFTER 12.75 inch (bolt to bolt, lwr clevis) SHOCK.

I took the right shock off and ran one sock... much better. I don't want to ride one shock for fear of damaging the frame. However it shows that the spring rate of what I estimate to be 400 lbs/in for both together.