Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 02-03-2018, 08:02 PM   #1

Pittsfield NH Scooter Owner Forum Newbie

Been tinkering with 2 stroke mopeds for quite a while. Switching to scooters as of late. Owned dozens of Japanese scoots, one piaggio and a few chinese scoots as well. My scooter knowledge does not rival my moped knowledge. Hope some of you good people can help me out!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-04-2018, 01:48 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum. Classic mopeds are getting harder to find.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:07 PM   #3

I lived in Ports for 6yrs , Barrington for 38yrs & altho I live in Fla now . I still have two daughters that still live in NH (Milton & Rollinsford) Don't ever leave NH! The only reason that I'm here is because my wife wanted to move. I regret it every day. Irish

P.S. In NH , you could cruise thru the mts. & enjoy the sceanery(sp?) In Fla , you don't dare to take your eyes off of the road for that long. Some Blue Hair is liable to run you over. I've been busted up enough times racing , to get busted up because some Blue Hair has their head up their a**! Besides you heal a lot slower when you're in your '70s.

Old 02-04-2018, 04:15 PM   #4

Welcome! I have done mopeds, PUCH E series 1 speed and Minarelli V series and moved onto Yamaha Zuma 2 strokes. Have a bone stock 98 Zuma that I love as is, no urge to do anything to it. 38mph max of pure joy! Also have a horizontal Minarelli Zuma motor thats built to the hilt, but to lazy to do anything with it. Had a Adly RT50 but never rode it so it got donated to a thrift store. Ergonomics were terrible.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
Welcome! I have done mopeds, PUCH E series 1 speed and Minarelli V series and moved onto Yamaha Zuma 2 strokes. Have a bone stock 98 Zuma that I love as is, no urge to do anything to it. 38mph max of pure joy! Also have a horizontal Minarelli Zuma motor thats built to the hilt, but to lazy to do anything with it. Had a Adly RT50 but never rode it so it got donated to a thrift store. Ergonomics were terrible.
When I was in the service , I went to Bermuda on a search mission. I rented a moped there. I ended up getting three before I got one with a front end close to straight (rentals!) It was the only moped that I ever rode. It was so long ago that I don't even remember what brand I ended up with. This was about 1963 Irish

Old 02-06-2018, 06:40 PM   #6

Gag

"The only reason that I'm here is because my wife wanted to move." - Irish

I'm afraid I have been down that road, too.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
"The only reason that I'm here is because my wife wanted to move." - Irish

I'm afraid I have been down that road, too.
I've been married for over 52yrs. I'm a recovering Alcoholic & used to do all kinds of crazy s**t! Now that I've pretty much straightened out , I figured that I should do things her way for a change. I thought that I owed her & my kids that much! It's nice to have the phone ring at night & not wonder what police dept or hospital it is! Irish