Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 04-25-2014, 12:02 AM   #1

Nitrous GY6

I went ahead and put this nitrous kit together on the scoot. using a .018 jet spraying dry into the inlet....initial tests are promising!...very noticeable power at the push of a button is a huge plus!

....I hope to get into the 3's (50m sprint) with this setup......right now in the mid 4's on motor. There doesnt seem to be too much info floating around concerning GY6's and nitrous ....so Im just playing it by ear here.

Here is a video to demonstrate the difference with and without nitrous. 6-7 1/10ths difference in a 50m sprint!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-25-2014, 12:38 AM   #2
Banned

why does your engine look upside down? usually the gas tank is on the air filter end and where is all your hoses??
Old 04-25-2014, 12:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castle View Post
why does your engine look upside down? usually the gas tank is on the air filter end and where is all your hoses??
It took a bit of work to get her to sit low like this....that included relocating the gas tank(wont fit in the factory location with the stretch)....and I have a completely custom PCV setup which eliminated a lot of factory junk parts...haha

Old 04-25-2014, 11:41 PM   #4

Please post your vid to youtube and give me the address. Or something. I can't see vid and I'm dieing! This is far out to say the least
Old 04-26-2014, 02:41 AM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to techie610
Very cool. Great job.
My father put NOS on his and hit it when he got to 60. sent him to 70 in a second, then usually blew off a hose, the air intake or something. lol
68 ( GPS Verified )
76 MPG
Few Mods, Lots-O-Tweaks

2003 Vento Zip R3i TurboCam
50cc 2T
8,500+ Mi.
62mph ( GPS Verified )
90 MPG
Seriously Modded

Check out the new group for the Mountain Area!
http://www.scootdawg.net/group.php?groupid=4

Old 04-26-2014, 08:18 AM   #6

NOS shot is a popular mod around here. The gy6 handles a burst of less than 3 seconds pretty well, surprisingly.

I recommend against nitrous though, it's not good for any engine because of the extreme amount of heat it generates and the large amount of friction from rapidly increased RPMs.

Nitrous= 1000 miles wear per 1 second of burn, though I'm sure someone will argue with this, it is a known fact.

4T 150cc 157 qmj

24mm carb w 115 main jet and paper cone air filter

Manual petcock w Tygon fuel lines

Scrappy Dog Scooters Retro-slash stainless straight-thru exhaust

RED spring clutch

Adjustable CDI (brand unknown, it's blue and red and works great!)

KOSO high performance variator w 12g sliders

Gates Powerlink 835-20-30 belt

GPS verified 65mph on flats.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueboy5000 View Post
NOS shot is a popular mod around here. The gy6 handles a burst of less than 3 seconds pretty well, surprisingly.

I recommend against nitrous though, it's not good for any engine because of the extreme amount of heat it generates and the large amount of friction from rapidly increased RPMs.

Nitrous= 1000 miles wear per 1 second of burn, though I'm sure someone will argue with this, it is a known fact.
I understand all that. Even though it's a popular mod the guys work is clean. He reorganized some stuff and it's stretched. I'm not taking anything from him. Video video video
Old 04-27-2014, 05:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueboy5000 View Post

I have used N2O on many different platforms and have never seen any substantial evidence that your theory is true. Nitrous oxide is simply an oxidizer allowing more oxygen to fit in the same area. It doesnt add friction....it doesnt increase RPM(I still stay well below my 9500rpm redline)....and it is adjustable......so stress on the engine is a function of the amount of nitrous oxide being used.....for example:

a 100hp shot on an LS1 V8 will have less stress than a 300hp shot....thus your 1 second to 1000 mile theory cant hold true considering the stress variable. (I also added up all of my seconds of use just for you... im at right around 245 total seconds....thats 24,500 miles according to your theory...guess my motor is worn out now. LOL )

AND Nitrous actually COOLS as its sprayed(depressurization)....it doesnt cause any heat related issues.

That being said it does require a careful user to be safe....

Detonation can occur when used improperly.....and too much nitrous will eventually help you find the strength limits of your piston/rod......

And Scooter, the video is on youtube... youtube .com/watch?v=arGicm4-W-E
Old 04-27-2014, 08:25 PM   #9

Great vid. I like the without nitrous you're pretty level, with nitrous your attitude indicator is leaned. That's funny.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:23 AM   #10