Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2014, 06:41 PM   #1

Got "bit" this week

Over the years since I had a scooter, this forum has been a great help to me. On the occasions where I had a serious mechanical problem, there was always somebody to offer some help. Its allowed me to enjoy the fun with a scooter. But this week the fun ended!

Monday morning I was stopped at a traffice light at a significantly busy intersection. The light was changing to yellow as I approached and being in no hurry I slowed gently to stop and watched the passing traffic. The next thing I heard a horrific "bang" and was flung off my scoot at least 10 to 14' off to the side of the road.

I gasped twice trying to figure out what happened and slid myself around to look at what had hit me. The car behind me thought I was going to continue through the changing light and never stopped until after he hit me.

My left arm was seriously strained to the point I wasn't sure if it wasn't broken. I began to take inventory of myself to see what damage I had aquired. I could move my fingers and feet, nothing felt "out of place" and for all intents and purposes, I was pretty lucky.

I knew enough to lay still till help arrived, there were all sorts of witnesses, and many people came over to assist me. Paramedics arrived and checked me over and removed my helmet. I ended up going to 2 hospitals and had 3 cat scans plus an MRI over the next 19 hours.

There is some ligmanet damage to my spine so I'm to wear a neck brace for the next 30 days and get a check-up.

I think the scooter is totaled, and my 2 wheel days are over...But I thank everyone who helped me over the years on this forum. Please be vigilant out-there, its no fun to get "bit".

Thanks again for all the assist's over the years...
Chris

Login or Register to Remove Ads