Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 10-23-2017, 04:03 PM   #1

Oh No New But Useless Scooter

I am really hoping someone can help or point me in the right direction.. I recently bought a Wolf Blaze 50cc and lance Soho 50cc. The wolf was for me is fine has its quirks but its a 139qmb so parts are no issue, added a BBK kit and exhaust and its good to go. The lance however has been my nightmare. Bought it for my girlfriend to ride with me but the thing is a death sentence. Does not go past 30, variator or something locks it up so it cant accelerate past 30, even down hill top speed 30mph. Takes forever to even get up there. I wanted to derestrict it I was told there is a nut in the variator that needs to be removed. However I was also told that I may need another part for this a stopper or something? because the nut could be connected to something and you need a blocker to block that from moving. I know I did not explain that 100% right but i am not familiar with derestricting it, this has yet to be done and was supposed to be my first step in making this thing drive able on local roads. I was next going to get a BBK and exhaust, however they changed the engine on these models in 2016 to the 1p37QMA-2 which has 0 available parts anywhere and the mechanic who said they would deristrict it now wants nothing to do with it which I dont blame them. Who would want to touch a scooter with no parts available. This thing is as good as useless to me and I paid a lot of money for it $1,600 so its pretty upsetting. If there is anyone out there that is familiar with the 2017 Lance Soho 50cc or can point me in the right direction to increase some power on this thing to make it actually safe to drive on the main roads your help will be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (42.3 KB, 4 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by bkane119; 10-23-2017 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Title
Old 10-23-2017, 11:09 PM   #2

Just Gotta Scoot did a review of a de-restricted Soho, so you can get a idea of what to expect if you get it ge-restricted. I made a remark at our local Lance dealer about how nice the Soho looks and the owner flat out says that he hates them because they are hard to work on and parts are tricky to get. I just think he likes the profit margin of the China scooters he sells better.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:59 AM   #3

I know nothing about these engines but I put 1p37QMA-2 in a google search and see a big bore kit -Naraku Big Bore Kit for SYM 1P37QMA $109.97-it looks like all the parts are available, they are just harder to find. I'm guessing most everything else applies ... a little bigger jet, free flowing exhaust, maybe a restricter spacer in the variator, CDI rpm limiter, free flow air cleaner.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:26 AM   #4

Thanks

Thanks for your replies.

@ Scooter - I have saw gotta scoots review I believe, just was no info on de-restricting from what I remember. Do you have a link to that review by any chance? I will try and track the review down.

@Roscoe. I have saw the Naraku Big Bore Kit online as well. I told a couple people about this and my mechanic, they informed me those kits are not good kits and the piston does not fit right. The mechanic I go to told me that he has had nothing but problems with those kits and would never recommend installing one. I went on the website I found the kit and called the people directly which they told me that big bore kit was a misprint and not for my engine. Problem with the free flowing exhaust is I can not find any that are compatible with my engine model, all I find are exhaust for the 139qmb or qmj. Can those be used? As far as jetting the carb, CDI, ect I'm not sure how much extra that is going to give me but my question goes back to compatibility will any carburetor jet fit? When I search online I see them specific to models like gy6 or 139qmb. The restrictor spacer would be great I just dont know what to look for in that. Does the restrictor spacer need to be engine specific as well? Or is it a universal piece. Thanks again for your reply.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:48 AM   #5

I don't know how to post links but its on the Just Gotta Scoot website under Scooter Reviews. The review does not show and tell how to de-restrict it, just how it runs when done (and who did it). If its a normal restriction it will be a spacer between the variator pulleys (just remove it) and sometimes a cone in the muffler were it meets the cylinder. Also seen weird plastic inserts in intake manifolds and loop wires on coils, but thankfully those are on the rare side.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:03 AM   #6

@Scooter.
Thank you very much for your response and input. I am going to just open up the variator and take that spacer out and see what happens. Any boost at this point is helpful. I ended up tracking down that review, it was the one I had read. I emailed Dave (Just Gotta Scoot) he already responded and gave me some solutions as well. I am most likely just going to part ways with this scooter and take my loss. In comparison I have put just under 1,000 miles on my Wolf scooter and only 54 on the Lance. Sometimes you just make some bad decisions, this was defiantly a bad one for me. Plan on selling it getting what I can and moving on. Thanks again for your help.

On an another note. - If anyone is looking for a showroom condition Lance Soho 50cc with 54 miles let me know!! I will sell for cheap $1,200-1,300.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:17 PM   #7

See how it runs after de-restricting it first. If you ever rode a restricted 08 Zuma 2 stroke you would almost rather walk! Pull the washer and lighter rollers and its actually FUN to ride! I personally like the big wheel scooters, they ride better overhaul than tiny wheel scooters. Lance makes a nice quality product.