Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2014, 08:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBlindOnARocket View Post
I wanted to add 2 other things that may or may not have anything to do with this. Occaisionally, the fuse would blow when I tried to start the bike. either when the key was turned or the start button pushed, I don't know which. But once a new fuse was ut in, the problem was gone. The second is that 3 or 4 times the CDI would suddenly fail. Again, once replaced things would go back to normal. Each of these happened maybe 3 times over a 6 month period.
Both these things would happen without anything else going wrong.
Classic sign of a bad ground or 'Sloppy loose short' My dad was an Electronics Tech in the Navy. I joined the Navy...only to find out after my recruiter lied(yes they do lie) I found out that Navy Corpsman become U.S. Marine Field Combat Medics. So next thing I know I am covered in Cammie face paint..wearing BDU's just outside of Kuwait..then later Iraq. We also did..and get this cause I think it is bullsh!t.. We did drug interdiction in Columbia. We set up a 180 degree perimeter..captured the Cartel..then were told to stand back. Guess who comes in and steals all the glory?? The DIA..Drug Enforcement Agency gets credit for what we did?.. Ok..Politics...in action I suppose..
Anyway..enough of that..back to your scoot.. If a CDI or fuse is failing or blowing..you got a definite short or bad ground.. Did your replace the stator? Or check and sand it's mounting area..as they do often create a bad ground..It is simple whatever it is..usually is..
Hohodika ela seyiimee dachamosan bela ieta sik Ojibwa tayatoola momonagi dadanemuk <-- I am a Chippewa,we were eradicated for being savages, not mechanics. lol.. But we will figure this out my brother of the earth..because.. Jiloho bena atika aya tiseemie moyat esesana aha kota <-- We only become defeated when...we stop trying to defeat something....