Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 03-07-2018, 03:22 PM   #1

Pissed Cannot get gy6 scooter to start

Ok, so to get the crank from moving from the T mark, i jammed a flathead screwdriver between the nub on the flywheel case and the flywheel to keep flywheel from moving with the nub pointing RIGHT at the T line on the flywheel. After that I decided to remove the chain off the camshaft gear and reposition it after getting the cam gear to be pointing in the right middle and the 2 smaller ones line up with the head. Obviously then i removed the flathead to be able to start the scooter then simply put back the rest of the head components, resetting valve clearance to .005 for both intake and exhaust.

Tried starting up the scooter using the starter, no luck. Tried spraying wd-40 in intake manifold, nothing. New top end so compression is there. Spark is strong. Fuelis there. No firing though at all now. This has me puzzled. I refuse to junk this thing.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-30-2018, 08:07 PM   #2

Do you have the stock CDI on your scoot or are you using a different one ?

I had the same probelm and had to go back to the stock CDI cas it was advancing my timing too much and retarding the ignition...

Scott B