Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 09-24-2020, 04:36 PM   #1

Oh No Gy6 150 wont stay runnig

Hi,

So I have a TaoTao Quantum 150 which has some mods done too it. Big bore kit, exhaust, uni filter, coil, ignition ect. The carb has been re jetted to a 120 too. It has run fine after all of these mods were done but is having major issues now.

The scooter will run, let you run it wide open etc for about 1 min or so and then once you let it idle it quits on its own. You can start it back up but eventually it will quit by itself and not start all together. As soon as you give it throttle after idling it dies out :(

I have took the carb apart and cleaned both the main and pilot jet, both are clean and free. I removed the cap for the piloting screw and made sure it was out 3 turns. I inspected the diaphgram and did not see any holes or issues with it at all.

I also took the petcock, charcoal canister and fuel lines and cleaned all of them out, no debris there. I added a fuel filter coming off of the main line from the petcock to the carb and it is getting fuel too. I also temporarily eliminated the petcock and pinched the vacuum line off and it still did not run right. I checked the spark with a spark tester and checked the valves with feeler gauges and they are set right too.

Also the fuel in it is brand new and I do not put any additives or anything in it so it will not hurt the diaphrgam and lines too....

Does anybody have any insight as to what my issue could be and I am really puzzled as to what is going on?

Thanks for the help
Scott B

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-13-2020, 04:18 PM   #2

Run a compression test. Low compression will make idling difficult. Maybe your big bore kit isn't seating properly.
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.
Old 10-15-2020, 04:21 PM   #3

I usually have trouble being of any help without much to go by. So, sorry if this is useless. But, in addition to what was said. I have found that sometimes a kinked or loose throttle cable can throw off the idle. I've had the issue a couple times in the past. Starts fine, runs fine, but dies unless I feather the throttle. Adjusting the throttle cable and making sure the throttle cable was all clean, oiled and kink free always fixes the problem for me. If anything, the idle screw. I usually keep my idle very precise and find that I need to adjust it depending on weather. But, that's just my preference. I don't set my idle how most do.

Login or Register to Remove Ads