Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 03-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #46

around 750 ml of oil or 3/4 of a quart and do not pay much attention to what the autozone or advance says about a scooter

2010 Cpi Oliver 70cc, naruku trans kit, downhill handle bars, tecnigas rsll pipe, s6 4g rollers, Vento R4 with 90cc 1e52qmf technigas next r 100cc pipe Naruku, 21mm race carb, s6 4.5 g rollers

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #47

K got my computer back up and running now. Thanks. Glad to see it wont take too much since 5 quarts was 15 or 16 dollars lol. I'll be doing my first change at 100km unless you think I should do it sooner? I think I remember someone saying that they don't even put real oil in there before I buy it. As of right now I'm immobilized do to the winter storm that just hit the central area. Had a tarp over it. came back home yesterday and the snow hand got heavy enough to pull the tarp towards the seat and my entire front end was covered in snow. and I was out of extra bungee cords so i ran inside grabbed a broom brushed the snow off and ripped apart some rca cables for the dvd player and strung it through extra holes on the tarp lol. And while I'm here figured I'd ask you guys another question. My eye sight is terrible. And on my zuma and a couple other scooters the headlights SUCKED lol. I haven't driven this thing at night yet. As you know the scooter comes with this type of bulb minus the nipple on it
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-NARVA-S2...b083c8&vxp=mtr

I was curious if I might gain some light by adding 2 of the following lights to the scooter. I know the LED ones would fit and work. But I'm not sure if the zenon lamp at 35w would cause either melting to the assembly/housing or if it would be and over load for the wiring.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-H6-BA20D-...d308f6&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xenon-Lamp-3...85c238&vxp=mtr
Old 03-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #48

Hi

[QUOTE=teddy554;517683]
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigit View Post
There are plenty of ATM lovers on the forum. Also plenty of ATM's and VIPs on South Beach. Yet the only ones I see in the garages are the VIPs. Seemingly they just ramble apart.
As far as size, the ATM is very small, however, I'm, 6'3" and if I sit on the passenger's seat I still have about 1 ft of leg/knee space in front of me.
I'm 6'3" and sit most comfortable on the place between driver's and the passenger's seat.
It's pretty comfy for me!

The ATM is a one person rider. I can ride with my wife, but my legs would have to be open in order to be able to sit on the drivers seat.
You really don't want to haul 2 people on a 50cc anyway. Way too slow! But should you want to, the ATM does not have passenger pegs, but it has incavings in the body, where the passenger can put his/her feet; at the edge of the floorboard.

As far as speed goes, the ATM beats the competition right out of the water!
With good fuel, and pumped tires, even at 200+LBS you can reach 40-45MPH (I'm 170LBS on a good day 160BS, and can go 48-53MPH tops).
Most VIPs aren't that fast.

Then again, perhaps I'm lucky and got the only good ATM out there.
However I spoke to another user who has an ATM, and he too had no issues with it!
From the factory, all bolts sealed with a sealing agent like locktite.
All I had to do was to mount the hose clips on the correct spots (under the seat there are few hoses. The clips are on the hoses, but not on the right spot, so I moved them; a 5 - 10 minute job).
Also, if you're into perfection, the reflectors on mine where installed upside down (the imprinted text was upside down), though in normal circumstances you won't even notice that, since the reflectors are round.[/QUOTE
I could be wrong but i thought you had a secret 63 didnt you post a picture with 6b on the case, if not you have the fastest stock 50cc ever shoot that beats hanks 3000+ sr50 top speed and hangs with my 70cc 2t cpi with countless dollars invested in aftermarket parts, but i have had both body styles the handsome boy wasnt taotao
Hi Teddy
Not quite
He still has a ways to go to match the performance of my "April"
Highest speed yet to date 63mph at 11,000 rpms

Sr 50 top speed by inuyasha50, on Flickr
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

Old 03-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #49

EzPeazy!
My 150 does 63MPH, @7,5k RPM!

Old 03-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdsj View Post
K got my computer back up and running now. Thanks. Glad to see it wont take too much since 5 quarts was 15 or 16 dollars lol. I'll be doing my first change at 100km unless you think I should do it sooner? I think I remember someone saying that they don't even put real oil in there before I buy it. As of right now I'm immobilized do to the winter storm that just hit the central area. Had a tarp over it. came back home yesterday and the snow hand got heavy enough to pull the tarp towards the seat and my entire front end was covered in snow. and I was out of extra bungee cords so i ran inside grabbed a broom brushed the snow off and ripped apart some rca cables for the dvd player and strung it through extra holes on the tarp lol. And while I'm here figured I'd ask you guys another question. My eye sight is terrible. And on my zuma and a couple other scooters the headlights SUCKED lol. I haven't driven this thing at night yet. As you know the scooter comes with this type of bulb minus the nipple on it
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-NARVA-S2...b083c8&vxp=mtr

I was curious if I might gain some light by adding 2 of the following lights to the scooter. I know the LED ones would fit and work. But I'm not sure if the zenon lamp at 35w would cause either melting to the assembly/housing or if it would be and over load for the wiring.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-H6-BA20D-...d308f6&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xenon-Lamp-3...85c238&vxp=mtr
Generally LEDS are a bad idea.
If you have a Zuma, the max you can put in there are 35W lights. You've got 2 of them, so they should give you maximum visibility on any scooter available!

Old 03-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #51

@prodigit yeah I have heard that LEDS don't have as much throw power as normal incandescent bulbs. But I'm not sure if I understood your second part correctly. You say if I have a zuma the max I can put in is 35w But I don't have a zuma anymore it was stolen years ago. Unless you are comparing and saying that I could use them two xenon bulbs in my current scooter? As I imagine they are MUCH brighter than the stock regular looking incandescent bulbs. I'm going to need all the light I can get since I live out in a countryish area. roads with pot holes. deers. sharp country curves with no warning signs. And it doesn't help that my vision is so bad. I literally have to hold a bic lighter 4 inches from my face with out my glasses on to be able to see it clearly. of course I wouldn't ever dare riding with out my glasses lol.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #52

A friend of mine just put 35/35 watt bulbs(bought from scrappydoggscooters) in is handsomeboy scooter same style has yours and it melted the whole housing and he needs to buy a new setup now, so if you go up in the watts keep a eye on them the first week,

2010 Cpi Oliver 70cc, naruku trans kit, downhill handle bars, tecnigas rsll pipe, s6 4g rollers, Vento R4 with 90cc 1e52qmf technigas next r 100cc pipe Naruku, 21mm race carb, s6 4.5 g rollers
Old 03-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #53

Hmmm. Maybe its not a good idea then. I went out and worked on starting the scooter up. It gave me a hard time. So I put a little seafoam in the tank since its real cold outside. But it appears to be flooding. Someone said to set the idle to 1600rpm. I couldnt get it exactly at that. It would idle around 2000 bit it goes up and down for some reason. It will go all the way down to under 1000 and then back up to 2000 through 3000. And if I try to give it gas when it drops down low it dies on me. Only way to keep it from dying is to turn the idle up to 3500-4000 but then the back tire spins pretty fast. Normally is open the carbon and clean it bit since its new I doubt that will work. Any ideas? If I take it back to the dealer to have it worked on they are going to tell me its normal... Which it MAY be. But is rather an unbiased opinion from you guys.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #54

Normally id open the carb. Sorry typo
Old 03-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #55

35W fit in a Zuma, because it's light house is cooled from the back.
Most scooters have a housing that's inside the tupperware, meaning not enough cooling.

Best alternative, get aftermarket ZUMA headlight (or similar), and install them on your scoot.
If you have a 50cc, know that the stator is not very strong. Best is to change your tail light to a LED, and gap the spark plug to 0.11" or something smaller than the stock setting of 0.25"), to save power, and whatever you have left, use that for an extra headlight.
I wouldn't go above 25W halogen bulbs in a scooter, and even then... There are scoots where 20W is really the max you can feed them. Especially those that you have, have a very tiny bulb compartment

The problem with leds is :
1- that it disperses the light too much, less focal light, more blinding people ahead of you.
and
2- that they can get very hot, and limit their lifetime, especially the 5Watt lights. LEDs don't disperse the heat very well, causing them to burn quickly if used too long.

I have a 5W tail + brake light installed on my ATM50. The tail light perhaps uses 2W, and with the brakes on, it's 5W. So I never really use it constantly. But for a headlight, you'll need to use it constantly.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #56

LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigit View Post
EzPeazy!
My 150 does 63MPH, @7,5k RPM!
Hi

Why The 150? Cant your stock 50 keep up with my stock 50? instead you need to resort to a scoot with an engine 3 times the size of mine
Even then i think "April" would leave your 150 in the dust
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank
Old 03-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #57

i have had scooters do this but its because its is a leak or not tune right. (let it warm up for 5-10min)What you want to do is put the scooter on the center stand turn your a/f screw all the way in then back out 2 1/2 turns, then adjust the a/f screw in or out but what you are looking for when adjusting is the highest idle when you find the highest idle you adjustment is correct, then adjust your idle screw down were it idles good and and the wheel isn't spinning, see what that does for you plus a nice carb cleaning would be helpful first its hard to tell what was inside that thing before you got it, if that doesnt help look for loose vac lines

Old 03-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #58

Thanks prodigit. I'm still waiting to ride it at night once the snow clears around here. And teddy. I'll get ready to go out and try turning that screw all the way in and then back out 2 and a half. But ANOTHER problem. I already went to open the carb and the screw head just started grinding like sand and ended up stripping out.... my luck.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #59

ok I went out and did that. no luck... the only place I can get it to idle with out dying is at 3000rpm anything less and it dies with its fluctuations. And since I can't get the carb off now i have no idea what to do next. I checked the lines and everything looks fine. no kinks or pinches or any cracks that I can see.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #60

not sure but have you put a new plug in yet, and it might not be a bad idea to do a valve adjustment, one of the first things i always do on new and use scoots that i buy

Tags
chinese, tao, vip