Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 09-01-2015, 10:07 AM   #1

Yeah, that kind of turn around kind of makes you wonder, though shops charge the rate that the book tells them, based on an average time to do the job. The book says 1 1/2 hours, so that is the charge, even though they may have had two guys working it, one on the fluid changes, while the other removes the plastics and accesses the valves. If they've done a few of these, it may only have taken them 45 min or so to complete, and just a few minutes to get it buttoned back up while they called you. Anyhow, if it's up and running well, you've done all that you can do. Ride, enjoy, read through the manual. Prep for the next do-it-yourself service.. Then you will KNOW that it was done right..

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-02-2015, 12:25 PM   #2

What I used to do was to make out a work order on each bike that I worked on. When a bike came into my shop , I could usually tell if it had ,been worked on before. I would get out the OLD work orders & on some things if they had already been done , why charge the customer again? I kept all of the work orders in a folder & all I had to do was check by S/N & engine #. Of course a biker looks at problems that might occur & most shops are looking only to make money! It might sound like I'm ragging on shops here-I AM. there's a BIG difference between a shop that's not run by a rider! I was fixing something wrong( in a shop) & the owner chewed me out for doing something that wasn't on the work sheet! I figured-If it's wrong-Fix It. With my shop , I called the owner & asked if they wanted it fixed. Irish
Old 09-02-2015, 02:19 PM   #3

Nothing better than honesty. I wouldn't mind paying more if I knew all the right things were checked/ serviced/ fixed. How do you know if they do what they say they did ??? I've ordered a service manual so will be doing most of all service . I might let them look at it again at 5000- 7000 miles.

Login or Register to Remove Ads