Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 01-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #1

CY50-B seems to be missing the wiring for the headlight.

I bought a CY50-B that came with some assembly required and since I'm a total scooter newcomer, I ended up watching several YouTube videos for instruction. It all came together beautifully except one thing:
The headlight is on a separate piece that screws onto the front. There are two wires with two "male" plugs on this piece. In all the videos I watched, these plugs fit into their corresponding "female" plugs on the scooter itself; then the headlight plate is bolted on. However, the two "female" plugs seem to be missing on my scooter. In the videos, they are very obvious. My scooter has a great deal of wiring here but all of the plugs are already attached to their corresponding parts.
Has anyone else had this problem with the CY50-B? I'm wondering if the company sent me the wrong part, but that seems impossible, since the missing plugs are on the scooter itself, not the headlight plate. I called the company that sold it to me, but the man was sort of condescending and just said, "Sweetheart, it's definitely there, you just have to look harder."
It's not there.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #2

I built one that I thought was the same way. I looked and looked for the plug and could not locate it. Thought they had left it off the harness. I eventually found it buried in the mass of wires close to the neck. Its probably in there just hidden. spread all the wires apart, carefully and see if it is there. I will try and get a pic today to post so you can see what it should look like.

Last edited by 733scooterguy; 01-25-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Tags
cy50, cy50-b, headlight, taotao, wiring