Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 07-16-2015, 07:54 AM   #31

Since I like to ride on long trips, I have Frog Toggs for the rain, Gator Skins for the cold, and this year decided, rain or shine, ride ride ride ride.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-16-2015, 04:45 PM   #32

My SMax is my only Transportation
Old 07-17-2015, 10:30 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by finaljudgement View Post
My scoot and Goldwing were my main transport; then my truck was torched two days after my divorce became final. Now they are my only means. I never miss the enclosed ride but there are times when I miss the truck hauling abilities.
My conspiracy theory is working overtime here! Truck torched-Two days after divorce. Did you win in the divorce hearing? Sounds like payback to me! I don't know the circumstances but I've thought about this for days. Irish

Old 07-17-2015, 10:47 AM   #34

I sold my car(Big Mistake!) in N.H. when I was moving to Florida! I have not replaced the car(money)so my only means of transportation besides my wifes car(listed as part operator)is my cycle! Irish
P.S. I say Big Mistake because if I replace my car , I have to do ALL the mechanical things to the new(used) one that I had already done to the one that I had! Unfortunately (when you're moving) you can only move SO MUCH!
Old 07-17-2015, 11:34 AM   #35

My Smax is my only transportation, live with a person with Truck for bad Weather or Emergency.

Old 07-23-2015, 08:57 AM   #36

Scoot for most of 3 of the 4 seasons (I find that the scoot just doesn't do well on MN snowy roads). ;-)

I have a car, but only use it if I need to carry items that collectively don't fit in my scooter's trunk, hauling kiddos or if it's raining in the morning and I have to go to work.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:43 PM   #37

mine is used for half of my commute to and from my civilian employer as well as for errands, unfortunately my civilian employer supplied work vehicle runs on diesel and gets about 7 mpg,however I put on 10k miles in just 1 season on my scooter, until I got hurt at my other employer (the not so good at taking care of their injured USARMY reserve) still trying to get injuries treated (7 damaged discs between my back and neck, 3 are bulging, 3 are herniated, and 1 is desiccated) forcing me to sell all the toys to pay the medical bills including my fleet of classic cars, classic trucks, scooters, atvs, boats, and other toys I restored/built. I have put 2k miles on this year just shuttling between doctors appointments/ medical treatments, filing medical paperwork to get treatment, and the only thing that kept me out of bankruptcy was my scooter's fuel efficiency (my pickup truck gets 14 mpg no matter what on diesel). my little 50cc scooter that is bored, stroked, head ported and polished, regeared, and had the transmission modified to handle the power still gets 115 mpg (If I baby the throttle LOL) it literally has paid for itself several times over in fuel savings alone.

Last edited by Dodgeme; 07-23-2015 at 11:48 PM. Reason: added more info