Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 01-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #1

Scooter idle issues

So for as long as i've had my scooter i've always been fighting an issue. When i goose the throttle the rpms come up like they should but then when they come down they go below the normal idle and sometimes it dies most of the time it stays running but drops really low then slowly comes back up? what causes this? idle mixture is off? too much fuel then when the rpms drop it throws the ratio off? The only way to compensate for the rpm drop when goosing the throttle is to idle it really high

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-25-2013, 10:41 PM   #2

the roketa i just got does the same thing it has a non adjustable carb for now im gonna get a new carb and tune the a/f screw and adjust the valves im sure that will remedy the problem
hoca big valve head 16/50 gears
9.25 gram dr pulley sliders koso variator 1.5k torque spring
orange coil orange unlimted cdi
uni filter
gates premium belt
2012 taotao vip cy50a scrappys 110cc big bore kit 52mm "88cc"
100 main jet 38 idle iridium plug custom paint, leds and decals alarm system
naraku hd crankshaft
Old 01-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #3

my valves are either .003 or .004 I don't remember which. And with the 38 idle jet i have the screw 2 turns out for now but i only have about 20mins on tuning since i put the larger jet in. so maybe it needs more.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-26-2013, 01:24 AM   #4

particles have built up in your carb and are getting stuck under your float making your automatic choke adjust for the incorrect difference or the float is unbalanced.
take off your carb and shake it really good in your hand. Like mixing a drink. Bang on it.
Put it back in and see if that fixes it. If your carb has screws in the bottom [aftermarket] No screws [factory]. Open it up and look that the float sits level. If not pull it out. You can bend the little tab that holds the float up or down to level the float.