Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 02-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to Elderdan09
Is there anyone out there that

Is there anyone out there that has something nice to say about ScooterDepot? I have placed an order with them and so far, other than taking my money, everything has been answered in ways that counter the written statements on their extravagant webpage.
1976 Vespa
1984 Vespa Moped
1984 Sears Moped
1964 Lambretta
1956 Cushman Bouncer
---------

I may be old in body, but I am young at heart

Elderdan

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #2

Hi Dan
Ive yet to see many positive comments for that dropshipper.
Most are tales of heartache and woe, so sorry to see that you got caught up with them
You have my best wishes
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank
Old 02-13-2013, 12:01 PM   #3

Was it by credit card? (maybe it's not too late.)

Old 02-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #4

Yes request a refund quickly. When did you order??

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing
Old 02-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #5

Superior powersports has much better service, and so far I've received nothing but good scoots.
Regardless you'll need to put a wrench on those scoots, regardless of where they come from.
But the worst shipping company is one that does not do basic PDI's.
That means any bolt can fall off at any time (or all).

Actually, a good company you know when you ever end up with a lemon, and their willingness to replace the scoot.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #6

Well, it is a bit late to be canceling the order as it is now somewhere between El Paso and Mission TX (the trykes new home base). I have been able to locate a local repair shop where I can get the scooter serviced as needed.

It is coming in with Saia, a shipping company, one that I have had very good luck with as far as delivery and care for the things being shipped.

Once the tryke arrives, then I will have to hurdle the MSO policies.

One would think that with as many bikes this company sells that there are ought to be some good reports out there.
1976 Vespa
1984 Vespa Moped
1984 Sears Moped
1964 Lambretta
1956 Cushman Bouncer
---------

Elderdan
Old 02-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderdan09 View Post
Well, it is a bit late to be canceling the order as it is now somewhere between El Paso and Mission TX (the trykes new home base). I have been able to locate a local repair shop where I can get the scooter serviced as needed.

It is coming in with Saia, a shipping company, one that I have had very good luck with as far as delivery and care for the things being shipped.

Once the tryke arrives, then I will have to hurdle the MSO policies.

One would think that with as many bikes this company sells that there are ought to be some good reports out there.
Hi Dan
Thats one of their worst traits, they fail to deliver the paper work needed for registration in a timely manner
Ive seen reports where some have waited as long as a few months between getting the scoot and then receiving the paperwork
You have my best wishes that you get yours swiftly and with a modicum of difficulty
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank
Old 02-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #8

Inuyasha, that certainly seems to be a sticking point out in some of the other forums that track scams and the like. The instructions at Scooter Depot are laid out in ("a;b;c;d; etc, etc.) fashion. I followed the instructions for the shipment process and was able to see it through and the tracking shows me that at this writing, the scooter is in San Antonio. I will be calling Saia tomorrow morning with that info requesting a delivery appointment. The preemptive move will help assure a timely residential drop according to the way Scooter Depot wants the process delivered to them.

With no excuses, and the "i's" dotted and the "t's" crossed, from the delivery I shouold be able to receive my MSO docs in a more timely fashion. (Maybe) Reading between the lines, it looks like one of the reasons tha NJ is not on the approved list stems from two individuals who disregarded the instructions for a WSO insertion into NJ.

Scooter Depot (SD) wants me to contact them "just as soon as the driver drops the shipment." I am going to do that and ask the driver to affirm the delivery, which btw, seems to be what SD wants according to their written instructions in the FAQ section.

I will make a copy of the affirmations and email them to a specific email with them attached, again according to directions in the WSO request file. In any case I will keep every one informed about my progress or lack of it as the case may turn
1976 Vespa
1984 Vespa Moped
1984 Sears Moped
1964 Lambretta
1956 Cushman Bouncer
---------

Elderdan
Old 02-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #9

Usually scooter companies don't send out the title until 2 or 3 weeks after.
They want to be sure you checked the bike and want it. Has something to do with the return policy, they don't want you to return the bike, and still have the title.

If the bike is ok, just give them a ring!

Some websites even have a section to request the title.
I remember on my Tao, I called them the day the scoot arrived, and received the title 8 days after.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #10

My scooter is siting on a dock in La Feria TX. It got in early Saturday morning, sat all day yesterday and when I called for a delivery appointment I was informed that it would be forthcoming this PM.

Then the next call pushed it back to tomorrow PM (Tues) because of a "lift gate" problem. Apparently my tryke is too big and heavy (shipping weight is 720 lbs) for the installed lift truck. So I continue to wait anticipating the soon arrival of the bike.

By any chance, does anyone have a good guess about where to look for the VIN number? I know that on my Reflex, it was under the seat, but I suspect that with the three wheeler being from China, that all bets are off.
1976 Vespa
1984 Vespa Moped
1984 Sears Moped
1964 Lambretta
1956 Cushman Bouncer
---------

Elderdan
Old 02-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #11

usually they have a separate tag popped on the body (at the feet) with vin number.
If you want to request for an early shipping of the title, also provide for engine number.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #12

The reason most of the online resellers do not send the MSO out right away is because they do not import, stock and process the scooters themselves. They take your money, then pay a distributor for the scooter (or spend a few days trying to find the one you want) then they have to wait till the distributor prints the MSO, mails it to them. Then they have to sign it and mail it to the customer. When you buy direct from the distributor usually you get the MSO about the same time as the scooter or maybe at most a couple days after it.

Also when you try to get warranty parts form the reseller it may take a long time or worse, never.
www.valleyscooterparts.com
www.valleyscootersdealers.com
203-500-0960
Old 02-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #13

My trike arrived yesterday afternoon, and immediately became a "block project." I had lots of help and again today. I took it out for its first spin and I have to admit that it was scary. I now realize that I was fighting the "tipping" while cornering. I think I am going to find a big parking lot and practice turns and accomplish the easy breakin procedures at the same time.

The scooter is built by the DongFang Motor Co, and apparently the third biggest automotive manufacturer in China. It is also in a partnership with Nissan both in Japan and in India. The tryke is called, "Roadrunner." My MSO was shipped this afternoon from CA and I will have everything I need to register in TX.

Now for a couple of questions, where do I find the engine and frame numbers on the tryke. Two, What is the best source for CTV belts and ignition coils. The liturature that came with the bike, did not have a listing for the belt.

As soon as I can figure how to upload a picture you will get to see it.
1976 Vespa
1984 Vespa Moped
1984 Sears Moped
1964 Lambretta
1956 Cushman Bouncer
---------

Elderdan
Old 02-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #14

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderdan09 View Post
My trike arrived yesterday afternoon, and immediately became a "block project." I had lots of help and again today. I took it out for its first spin and I have to admit that it was scary. I now realize that I was fighting the "tipping" while cornering. I think I am going to find a big parking lot and practice turns and accomplish the easy breakin procedures at the same time.

The scooter is built by the DongFang Motor Co, and apparently the third biggest automotive manufacturer in China. It is also in a partnership with Nissan both in Japan and in India. The tryke is called, "Roadrunner." My MSO was shipped this afternoon from CA and I will have everything I need to register in TX.

Now for a couple of questions, where do I find the engine and frame numbers on the tryke. Two, What is the best source for CTV belts and ignition coils. The liturature that came with the bike, did not have a listing for the belt.

As soon as I can figure how to upload a picture you will get to see it.
Hi Dan
Outstanding
Congratulations, so very happy it all worked out swiftly and easily
Cant wait to see her
May she bring you much joy in the years to come
Take care and ride safely my friend
Yours Hank
Old 02-21-2013, 12:15 AM   #15

To be honest I was worried for you, and now I'm super glad it all worked out. Love the block project part. (I had visions of all the neighbors and their kids all crowded around in your yard.) The parking lot is a good idea. It'll be somewhat like learning how to ride a motor bike with a sidecar, but I have no doubt you'll get the hang of it. Cheers!

Tags
mc_d300tkb, scooter, trike