Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc
View Poll Results: Sorry, I don't know how to undo "post a poll"
excuse my ignorance 1 100.00%
wish there was an "undo" button 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #1

after-market fuel injection

Has anyone any experience with putting an after-market fuel injection onto a GY6 150 liquid cooled engine?

I found a web site that advertises such a device (http://www.ecotrons.com) but prices it at what seems to me to be very expensive: $400.

On the other hand, I am really tired of erratic performance that I get with the stock carb on my 2008 Q-link Pegasus (C.F. Moto manufactured). I have replaced both the carb and the electric choke. Runs well for a while, then once again becomes erratic from day to day.

I know that C.F. Moto sold an essentially identical scoot under their own label, the E-Charm, which came with electronic fuel injection. But the scooter is no longer offered in the U.S. and I haven't found a dealer who sells the injection system.

Any good suggestions?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #2

Greg from Mainley scooters had a great log of his build with that kit on the old site. A lot of the pictures are gone but there is a lot of material you might want to read.

http://scootdawg.proboards.com/thread/37715

There's also something called a megasquirt kit that you can build, like an old heath kit. I think its only the controller though.

Tags
150cc, fuel injection