Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 09-11-2016, 02:57 PM   #16

I done that it only blew it when I turned on the key I separated the main wires from the headlight area to the back of the bike there is a black wire that comes from the key switch and connect to a yellow and black line wire that runs to The CDI and the same wire is the power wire to the coil they are soldered together and taped when you turn the key on there power to the cdi and the coil...............the funny thing when I first put this bike together it ran like a new one and it is almost new it is a 209 but only has 229 miles on it

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-11-2016, 04:40 PM   #17

that blk wire from the switch is the main batt power to everything.

keep the stator and reg disconnected. then disconnect everything that it connects to - the lights, flasher, horn, cdi, then replace the fuse.

switch the key on and check if the fuse blows again.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:45 PM   #18

ok Bull I'll try that tomorrow I am about wore out today and I still have a lawn to mow By the way what part of the country are you in or Maybe I should ask what country lol

Old 09-14-2016, 05:43 PM   #19

Hello again can anybody tell me what coil this scooter takes the Number is 139Qma I think my coil is shot would also love to have a wiring diagram don't know if that is possible or not It is a Moto Fina scooter thanks......Richard.O
Old 09-17-2016, 06:20 PM   #20

scooter blowing fuses

this is Richard O. this morning I took the front off the scooter and I had tried everything that everybody had told me to do and nothing seemed to work I disconnected some wire couplings and started testing with them with multimeter then I turned on switch and tested again then I hooked every thing backed together except one coupling and hit the starter and the dang thing started I think they were extra outlets or something that I pluged together when I was working on the master cylinder a few days before any way its running like a champ And I really thank everyone who helped me thank you

Old 10-09-2016, 03:50 PM   #21

Hello again Richard O. here with up date since my last post my monoFino Is running Like a new one no more blowing fuse's either I have put about a 100 miles on it and its is good By the way did tell you all that its is PINK LOL thanks again