Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #1

BBK Issues

Hello, new to the forms so let me introduce. I have 2 scooters a 150cc johnway and a 50cc bintelli scorch both were non functional when purchaced and with help from this form I have got the 150 running great.

The bintelli 50cc is a bike I am working on for my wife. At stock it seized, was able to free it, but began burning engine oil (seize originally from low oil possibly not filled at the shop I bought it). Bought a 60cc bbk to replace what i assumed were blown rings and piston and installation went smooth. When I rock the flywheel l around top dead center I get a clang, possen the 6 bolts holding down the jug and the flywheel spinns smoothly no clang.

Right now I have it all bolted down and valves set to 0.005 and I can get it to run but the clanging repreates at every rotation of the engine. No idea what is going on.

I tore it down (top end) and re went through the steps get to the end again and same thing, I can't leave the top end unsecured but the clang I here and feel can not be good. Its almost like I need anothrr couple mm of space in the top end ( but everything both gaskets are installed)

Thanks!

- Carl

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Tags
50cc, 60cc, bbk, noise, rebuild