Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #1

I'm new and I've already crashed

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum. Also new to scootering. I met a gaggle of guys standing around their scooters in a parking lot here in Lincoln, Ca a couple of months ago. They gave me a lot of insights about scooters and also introduced me to this site. Love it.

Since then I've been perpetually either on this site or exploring craigslist for scooters or the internet for more info. Wow

I've taken the motorcycle safety training class at my local community college, got my permit and three days ago I bit the bullit and bought my first scooter. It's a beauty. I bought a 2003 Honda Reflex 250.

Yesterday afternoon I took it out for my 3rd scoot about the neighborhood, came home and bashed into the back end of my wife's car. Not exactly a part of the game plan ehh? Later I'll probly be able to laugh at myself, but right now, not so much.

This is the part where I ask for HEEEELP!!!! I'm a retired carpenter. I want to remove the damaged body panel and use fiberglass to repair it. I don't have an owner's manual yet and not certain about the procedure for removing the panel for repair.

The damaged panel is called the front cover or it's also been desribed as the front member below and wrapping around the fairing/headlights where the turn signals are mounted. Any advice you can give will be appreciated.

Thanks a whole bunch.

Login or Register to Remove Ads