Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 03-11-2015, 06:50 PM   #1

Thumbs Up Rollers and Sliders

Hello again!

My scooter is currently using stock rollers (6grams each / 36grams in total) and I wanted to get some more acceleration, so decided to replace them with sliders.

My question is what weight to select, I was thinking going down to 4grams/each (24g total) but I'm not sure if that would be excessive.

Any thoughts or experiences are appreciated

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-11-2015, 08:53 PM   #2

I went from 5 gr rollers to 4 gram sliders and big difference in take off and top end.i also bought a performance variator and that really made a difference and there cheap off ebay
Old 03-11-2015, 09:57 PM   #3

Best way to do it is buy a cheap set of "tuning rollers" that come in various weights. You can use that to find the weight you like best and then buy a good set of sliders. Typically you want the sliders to be 0.5-1g heavier than the rollers for the same performance.

Dwint's scoot is a 2-stroke and now a 70cc I believe, so his roller choice is going to be a lot different than yours if you're running a 4-stroke 50cc bike.

2005 Yamaha BWS (Zuma) "Garfield"
TP Black Trophy 70cc, Giannelli Reverse Pipe, 5g Dr. Pulley Sliders, Delta Clutch with Yellow Springs and Yellow Contra, Malossi Torque Controller, Naraku R-Vent Bell, NCY Adjustable Secondary Sliding Sheave, CF Reeds, Kege Analog Tach, Dual Headlight Mod, N.A. Rear Fender Delete, OEM Short Windshield.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-12-2015, 08:24 AM   #4

I went from stock on my 50cc 4 stroke Qingui to 16x13 4.5 and never looked back. I'm just over 200lbs.